This month we merged some very significant improvements to the support for compiling for Android and iOS based AArch64 devices. When the build system is also AArch64 template haskell can often be run locally. This will make targeting mobile devices from AArch64 builders much easier.
- Much improved AArch64 support including Template Haskell (#1316)
- Improved GHCJS and support for calling C code compiled with emscripten (#1311)
- The environment variables LANG and LOCALE_ARCHIVE are no longer set in shells allowing the users prefered settings to persist (#1341).
- source-repo-override argument added for cabal projects to allow the location of source-repository-package packages to be replaced (#1354)
- GHC 9.0.2 was added to the available GHC versions (#1338)
- The nixpkgs pins for 21.05, 21.11 and unstable were all updated (#1334).
- Remaining uses of cabal 3.4 were updated to 3.6.2 (#1328)
- Dwarf build of ghc 9.2.1 now skipped on hydra to work around 4GB hydra limit (#1333)
- Removed use of propagatedBuildInputs in ghc derivation (#1318).
- Caching of the check-hydra CI script was fixed (#1340)