Biweekly update from the GHC DevX team at IOG.
Previous updates can be found here.
- Sylvain: helped fixing support for cross-compilers in GHCup: compilation and installation of a cross-compiler from source and from bindists. Most of the work was done by Julian (GHCup's maintainer). See GHCup#844, GHCup#838, GHCup#845. JS backend support in GHCup can be tested via pre-release channels following instructions in https://github.com/haskell/ghcup-metadata/pull/98#issuecomment-1632214888.
Sylvain: implemented support for
rmdirand fixed some issues with
Sylvain: fixed support for utimes/futimes/lutimes in
unixlibrary to support
Luite: Looked into CI breakage and found that
emsdk3.1.42 has some changes in data layout relative to 3.1.41. In particular changes in the
statstruct were causing file operations to fail. CI is fixed now by pinning it to 3.1.40, but work is still ongoing to make sure that we can handle a wider
emsdkversion range and to test for a compatible version at installation time. GHC#23649
Josh: fixed an issue where
Addr#is now a pair of
(pointer, offset)and is passed as function arguments
- A value was being returned as a
Incomplete Record Selectors
- Bartek: The Incomplete Record Selectors MR is now ready to be merged, See GHC!10736
- Bartek: A lot of the major work done for the Deprecated Instances, will soon be creating a MR for it
- Bartek: Some investigation of how interface tidying can potentially affect this proposal and the Deprecated Exports proposal, See GHC!10844